Installing a Blackberry Theme OTA – (Over-the-Air)
1. Copy the download link from Gemblock and forward it to an email address that is accessible for your BlackBerry. Send-to-Device is a quick and free online service by Gemblock that lets you do that.
Navigate to the email on your BlackBerry and click the link in the email to begin the installation process.
2. Once the theme is installed, press ALT + CAP + DEL keys simultaneously to reboot device. Or battery pull if on BlackBerry Storm.
3. Go to Options > Theme on your Blackberry to activate the theme.
Enjoy and show it off to your friends!
If you’re still having trouble, visit our forum for support.
Installing a BlackBerry Theme via Desktop Manager
Since Gemblock doesn’t provide direct Desktop Manager links, this process is trickier than an OTA installation, but is still possible.
1. Install OTA Downloader
2. Download the theme and stick the files onto the media card.
NOTE: If you want to put the download in the device memory instead of a media card, you will need to have the desktop manager installed. When your desktop manager is booted you can go to the “media manager” and browse to the device memory under “my devices” make sure that the system is set to allow all files to be imported in the device memory.
3. Once you have uploaded all COD and JAD files you can disconnect the blackberry from the computer.
4. Now open the media application on the BlackBerry, and press the left button next to the trackball to open the full menu. Here you will need to click “explore”. Now browse to the location where your OTA download is installed.
5. Once you’ve located the jad and cod files, select the JAD file (it should be only 1 file) and click “open”. Now you will see the details about this file on your blackberry such as name, version and vendor. Here you will need to select the “download” button on the bottom of the screen.
Once the application is downloaded you will be able to install or use the application.